Here is a list of companies working together with RWE (but also with many other oil and coal extractors worldwide) in the coal mining. THese are mostly companies producing the technical equipment RWE needs, such as lorries, cranes, diggers, sorting- and grading facilities, power plant turbines etc.
- ABB Group: power diszribution technology, robotics, offshore drilling rigs, "tailormade solutions for the oil gas and petrochemical industries, as well as for paper, metal and cement plants. active worldwide
- Siemens: automisation, energy technology, power plant turbines and other power plant facilities etc. active worldwide
- FAM Group: Loose goods sorting and grading machines, open cast mine equipment. active worldwide
- Gerken: cherry pickers and cranes. active in europe, mostly active in germany, but has also subsidaries in barcelona and maastricht.
- Actemium Group: extraction technologies, solutions for the oil gas and mining industry; paper and steel plants. active worldwide
- ThyssenKrupp: extraction technologies, plants for gas, oil, and mining industry. Also a major steel producer as well as a producer of car intestines. active worldwide
- SAG Starkstromanlagen Aktiensgesellschaft: electricity networks, power lines, transformers, power plant technologies active worldwide
- Bilfinger GmbH: service and maintenance of oil, gas and power plants; industrial scaffolding. active worldwide
- TAKRAF: (not sure if working for RWE, but one of the biggest suppliers of machineries for open cast mining in the world) cranes, lorries, conveyor belts. active worldwide, headquarters in leipzig and lauchhammer (lausitz)
Predominantly active in germany
- Wasel Krane GmbH: Cranes and heavy goods logistics
- Philipp Kutsch: industrial constructions, sewer constructions, underground engineering
- AK Industriemontagen GmbH: extraction technologies
- Arnholdt Gerüstbau GmbH: scaffolding, industrial plant constructions Anlagenbau (part of the Bilfinger group, see above)
- Hoffmeier Industrieanlagen: industrial plants for the cement, steel, coal and chemical industries; power plants and nuclear reactors.
- Holl Systemtechnik: power plants, extraction facilities, welding technologies
- Industrieanstrich Rhein-Ruhr GmbH: paints and corrosion protection
- Calor Emag: high voltage facilities (part of the ABB group, see above.)